The decision to hire a caregiver for a loved one can be difficult. Where do you look to make sure that you find a caregiver who you can trust to provide reliable care. What questions should you ask of a prospective home care provider? The National Private Duty Association suggest the following questions:
- How do you recruit your caregivers?
- Should a scheduling conflict occur, are there trained back-up caregivers?
- Are the caregivers bonded and insured?
- Are the caregivers employees of the provider and who handles the payroll and other taxes for the caregiver?
- What types of background checks and screenings do you do?
Companion Care New Mexico is a proud member of the National Private Duty Association. As a member of the NPDA, Companion care carefully screens and selects all of our caregivers prior to an assignment. Our Caregivers are employees, not independent contractors. Companion Care adheres to state and federal guidelines in employment practices, such as withholding required taxes, providing workers’ compensation, conducting background and reference checks. Our Care Managers develop an individual plan of care with the input of the client and the family. As a member of the NPDA, Companion Care has 24/7 on call availability, and our care managers monitor the caregiver services, and make regular visits to the client home. Our families never have to worry about payroll or employee related matters. At Companion Care you are giving your loved one the very best in holistic non-medical in home care. www.companioncarenm.com